The Yoga Sutra-s of Patanjali have been interpreted by numerous people from different backgrounds and perspectives. Though I follow a lineage which has its own interpretation (Frans Moor and TKV Desikachar’s translations below), I thought it would be useful to study other versions as well. Below is a list of the interpretations I have been browsing as part of this blog:
– Baba Hari Dass (1999). The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali – A Study Guide for Book I – Samadhi Pada. Sri Rama Publishing.
– BKS Iyengar (1993). Light on the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali. HarperCollins Publishers.
– Frans Moor (2012). Liberating Isolation – The Yogasutra of Patanjali. Media Garuda.
– Gregor Maehle (2006). Ashtanga Yoga – Practice & Philosophy. New World Library.
– Dr. P.V.Karambelkar. Patanjala Yoga Sutras. Kaivalyadhama.
– Sri Swami Satchidananda (2010). The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali. Integral Yoga Publications.
– TKV Desikachar (2003). Reflections on Yoga Sutra-s of Patanjali. Krishnamacharya Yoga Mandiram.
Pingback: Sutra I.19 – Chapter I, Sutra 19 | weeklysutra
I would like to understand more Yoga Sutra 4.28 and 4.29
Hi Lotty, I’d be happy to discuss it if you like. Feel free to email me your understanding of them at firstname.lastname@example.org