The Yoga Sutra-s of Patanjali have been interpreted by numerous people from different backgrounds and perspectives. Though I follow a lineage which has its own interpretation (Frans Moor and TKV Desikachar’s translations below), I thought it would be useful to study other versions as well. Below is a list of the interpretations I have been browsing as part of this blog:
– Baba Hari Dass (1999). The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali – A Study Guide for Book I – Samadhi Pada. Sri Rama Publishing.
– BKS Iyengar (1993). Light on the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali. HarperCollins Publishers.
– Frans Moor (2012). Liberating Isolation – The Yogasutra of Patanjali. Media Garuda.
– Gregor Maehle (2006). Ashtanga Yoga – Practice & Philosophy. New World Library.
– Dr. P.V.Karambelkar. Patanjala Yoga Sutras. Kaivalyadhama.
– Sri Swami Satchidananda (2010). The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali. Integral Yoga Publications.
– TKV Desikachar (2003). Reflections on Yoga Sutra-s of Patanjali. Krishnamacharya Yoga Mandiram.